Friday, June 22, 2012

Cross Shop

The story is told by the man who complain long and loud to the Lord that the cross he had to carry was to heavy. "Come with me," said the Lord as he took the man to the shop where crosses where made. Here were piled crosses every shape and size.
With an amused smile, the Lord said, "Just you shop  around if you see one you like, take it along."
So the man entered the door , set his cross against the wall and rubbed his hands in glee and chuckled to himself, " This is a chance a lifetime, something I have been waiting for. If I've got to carry a cross anyway, I might as well get one that's not too much of a burden, one that fits me personally."
So he tried this one and that and none suited him.  One was too long and bumped along on the ground. Another was too short and tripped him. One was too heavy and cut into his shoulders. Almost ready to despair, he spied one leaning against the wall. He tried it on for size, walked around with it a bit and then turned to the Lord with a smile and said, "This is IT. This is the one I have been looking for. I'll take it."
So out the door they went and the Lord turned to the cross bearer and said with a smile, "I'm glad you like that one; it's the one you brought in."

-Bruno Hagspiel

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Bruno Hagspiel was my acquaintance back in 1950's near Chicago! So coincidental that you picked up his story,which he told to me and my class of other young high–school students.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...